BACK TO AFROFUTURE

I dream that I am 5 years old again. I hear a voice calling me in my sleep. I rise up from bed half asleep and walk to the  window. In the garden I see my favourite play tree awash in wavy blue light. I open the window and climb into the cold chilly night. The grass is wet with dew. The stars glimmer icily in the inky blackness. All is silent except for the chirping of crickets. I begin to approach this strange phenomenon. I walk without hesitation or fear. I have done this before.

The earth suddenly trembles. I stumble and stop. I feel crawly sensation penetrate the soles of my naked feet and furry warmth creeping up my legs gathering like wet wood smoke on my pelvic floor. Titillating pressure builds up into the base of my spine. A sudden cracking sound and a spiral gush of energy shoots up exploding at the brain stem. I feel warm oily sensation fill up my eye sockets. Then a bright flash and I'm floating in soft milky white light.

Free from its material cage, consciousness expands in light speed in all directions encompassing vast spaces each nano second. The aqua blue earth shrinks to the size of a millet grain. I have become the black of space littered with asteroids, planetary spheres and spiraling stars. Fearing some strange demise I struggle to overcome this blissful trance. I will myself to awaken and in a twinkle I coalesce into my familiar adult human form.

I find myself standing in the midst of a pristine landscape, a vast verdant carpet beneath wide cobalt skies streaked with strange birds. The air is crisp. The sun glitters the spaces. Deep serenity pervades.

Some distance ahead, on a slight incline. within long grass that waves like water in the warm  wind. I spy a figure of a man seated still upon a huge shiny granite rock. With slow measured steps,  my mind a vortex of disorientation I proceed to approach.

I stop at arms length behind what I can now tell to be a lean old man of statuesque physique. He is partly bald with wooly white hair. His gauged ear lobes are stretched long and dangle with shiny copper rings. His wrinkled skin is a shiny deep brown. He is dressed in bone white animal skin and has a beaded bangle on his left upper arm. He carries the scent of mint and sheep fat. 

I can tell he is aware of my presence yet his eyes remains transfixed to a great white peaked mountain in the distant purple horizon. "Mt. Meru",  I exclaim in a whisper beneath bated breath. How do I know this?  Giddy with euphoria I take in the ethereal vista. I get the sense of a different time, a deeper past.

"Níndona níwakinya "[i see you are finally here] the old man speaks suddenly. His voice, a resounding baritone is suprisingly youthful. He turns suddenly and our eyes lock for an eternal moment.  He has a long face framed with a scraggly white beard and a thick mustache. Set with alert gentle eyes that twinkle amused. He feels familiar, this dignified elder is more than kin to me. I know that for sure. But how? 

"níndakena tondù níwacoka mùcií múrata wakwa" [welcome back home old friend.]  he stretches out his hand and I pull him up to his feet. He immediately turns begins to walk in the opposite direction from whence I came, " Ní tùhiùhe.
Tùtirí na kahinda karaihu. Acio angí ní meteteire"["We must hurry. We do not have much time. The rest are waiting"] We make our way down a gentle incline following a well worn foot path. I get the sense of a mission. an urgent monumental task of which I play a vital role.

...tbc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strictly Silk - More than just a ladies night.

One on one with the hustler Queen - DJ Coco Em.

The Soulful Benga Of Udulele